Regional Mass. police academies to close
State board OK's reduced training
By Michael Norton
The Boston Globe
BOSTON — A state board has voted to close regional police training academies in Boylston, New Bedford, and Plymouth and reduce the amount of training municipal officers and recruits receive, prompting the head of a police chiefs' group to declare a "crisis."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Regional Mass. police academies to close
- Police Training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman