Regional Mass. police academies to close
State board OK's reduced training
By Michael Norton
The Boston Globe
BOSTON — A state board has voted to close regional police training academies in Boylston, New Bedford, and Plymouth and reduce the amount of training municipal officers and recruits receive, prompting the head of a police chiefs' group to declare a "crisis."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Regional Mass. police academies to close
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help