Conn. city recruiting to fill 17 police jobs
By Bill Leukhardt
The Hartford Courant
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. — The city's police department is having a monthlong drive to attract applicants for 17 vacancies in the force, which should have 160 officers instead of its current 143.
"We are encouraging people to apply. We're looking for a mix of people who reflect our community," Chief William Gagliardi said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Conn. city recruiting to fill 17 police jobs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help