Conn. city recruiting to fill 17 police jobs
By Bill Leukhardt
The Hartford Courant
NEW BRITAIN, Conn. — The city's police department is having a monthlong drive to attract applicants for 17 vacancies in the force, which should have 160 officers instead of its current 143.
"We are encouraging people to apply. We're looking for a mix of people who reflect our community," Chief William Gagliardi said Wednesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Conn. city recruiting to fill 17 police jobs
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman