Ariz. chief aims to make town's police elite
By Eric Graf
BUCKEYE, Ariz. — The Buckeye Police Department is making strides to transcend its sagging image after months of internal rifts, a police-chief search infused with politics and a lieutenant's messy departure.
The force may still lack a permanent leader, but interim Chief Mark Mann, who is in the running for the permanent post, has been busy working to stabilize the department and to draw talent.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ariz. chief aims to make town's police elite
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy