Austin chief reinstates fired officer
Officer fired in June after questions on resisting arrest charge.
By Tony Plohetski
AUSTIN, Texas — Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo reinstated an officer Monday whom he had fired amid allegations that the officer provided false information in an arrest affidavit and a police report late last year.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Austin chief reinstates fired officer
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police