Pa. agency aggressively pursuing departmental diversity
HARRISBURG, Penn. — A decade ago, Susquehanna Twp. police had one minority police officer, a black man, on its roster.
Today, the department employs five black and two Hispanic officers. Of the department's last seven hires, six have been minorities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops