Pa. agency aggressively pursuing departmental diversity
HARRISBURG, Penn. — A decade ago, Susquehanna Twp. police had one minority police officer, a black man, on its roster.
Today, the department employs five black and two Hispanic officers. Of the department's last seven hires, six have been minorities.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house