Rookie officers and police need to be studied, researcher says
UIC study will focus on their stressful first year to help improve force
By Angela Rozas
How are 5 percenters created? By 'effortful study,' report says
CHICAGO — The life of a rookie police officer can be a tough one. After training for months, the officers are sent out to face stresses, dangers and a world unlike anything they've known before.If they're second-, third- or fourth-generation officers, they could have even more expectations to live up to.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation