Utah program helps train new police leaders
By Brian Maffly and Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune
Law officers must exercise discretion and judgment in ways that balance the public's safety with their own, and that raises complex issues for commanders.
But officer turnover and an anticipated wave of retirements could deplete the ranks of management material.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah program helps train new police leaders
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend