Former hockey player now member of La. SWAT team
By Chris Scarnati
NEW ORLEANS — Dean Moore reclined in a swivel chair at the headquarters of the New Orleans Police Department's Special Operations Division.
It was 7 p.m. on a Friday, scant moments before he'd begin the night shift patrolling some of the most dangerous streets in America as a member of the city's SWAT team. Nevertheless, the 36-year-old officer happily chitchatted about his childhood and shared humorous anecdotes about his family.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former hockey player now member of La. SWAT team
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help