Aspiring Ga. officers to pay for training, not departments
By Andria Simmons
ALPHARETTA, Ga. — A new public safety institute opening in Alpharetta will transfer the high cost of law enforcement training from police departments to would-be recruits.
The Public Safety Institute at Reinhardt College North Fulton Center is expected to save local police departments thousands of dollars in hiring expenses by producing certified officers who've paid for their own training.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend