Md. officers inspire siblings to join police force
By Karen L. Bune
A strong bond connects police officers - a bond that feels like family. In some cases, members of the same family work together, resulting in an interesting mix of relatives within departments across the region.
Tom Falcinelli works midnights as a patrol sergeant in the 1st District of Montgomery County. David Falcinelli works days as a captain in the Internal Affairs Division of the Montgomery County Police Department. Sgt. Falcinelli represents the Fraternal Order of Police on police department hearing boards; Capt. Falcinelli initiates the board proceedings. Sgt. Falcinelli is a lawyer; Capt. Falcinelli is a certified public accountant. Sgt. Falcinelli is married with two daughters; Capt. Falcinelli is married with three sons. Both are competitive in their respective assignments as law enforcement officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper