Police academies still thriving despite recession
By Joel Currier
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Chuck DeProw had job offers from the Police Department and the U.S. Steel plant in Granite City.
He chose the higher-paying factory job because he needed the money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help