Police academies still thriving despite recession
By Joel Currier
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Chuck DeProw had job offers from the Police Department and the U.S. Steel plant in Granite City.
He chose the higher-paying factory job because he needed the money.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert