Pa. female trooper alleges gender bias in promotions
By Dana DiFilippo
Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Pennsylvania State Trooper Andrea Young just wanted a promotion.
So the 13-year veteran - her smarts already proved as a Mensa member - took the Pennsylvania State Police's promotions exam, scoring sixth out of 2,000 test-takers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper