Pa. female trooper alleges gender bias in promotions
By Dana DiFilippo
Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Pennsylvania State Trooper Andrea Young just wanted a promotion.
So the 13-year veteran - her smarts already proved as a Mensa member - took the Pennsylvania State Police's promotions exam, scoring sixth out of 2,000 test-takers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms