Tenn. police department faces 2010 without academy
By Jacqueline Koch
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — The Chattanooga Police Department didn't hire any new officers in 2009 and, because of city budget constraints, has no plans to do so during fiscal year 2010.
"Money could come from somewhere before the end of the 2009-2010 budget year," police Chief Freeman Cooper said. "But I have no idea where that money might be coming from."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert