Tenn. police department faces 2010 without academy
By Jacqueline Koch
Chattanooga Times Free Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — The Chattanooga Police Department didn't hire any new officers in 2009 and, because of city budget constraints, has no plans to do so during fiscal year 2010.
"Money could come from somewhere before the end of the 2009-2010 budget year," police Chief Freeman Cooper said. "But I have no idea where that money might be coming from."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests