New Baltimore police training facility opens
By John Fritze
The Baltimore Sun
BALTIMORE — Hundreds of police and firefighters have started training at a former school in Northwest Baltimore that will let cadets interact more with the community, city officials said yesterday.
On any given day, several hundred police and fire trainees will use the space - the former Pimlico Middle School at Northern Parkway and Park Heights Avenue - for cardiopulmonary resuscitation, classroom and physical training. Exercises with firearms and vehicles will take place elsewhere, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New Baltimore police training facility opens
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help