Investigation into Vt. police trainer continues
Trainer Dave McMullen killed himself after being investigated for child porn
Police are still searching for answers in connection with a child pornography investigation at the Vermont Police Academy.
"At this point we don't have any information to indicate there was any child pornography on what we've examined so far," Vt. State Police Maj. Ed Ledo said.
Ledo says the investigation of former police academy trainer Dave McMullen could take weeks.
Autopsy results confirm McMullen shot and killed himself Saturday after becoming the target of a criminal investigation involving child porn.
"Nobody expected the suicide," Ledo said. "I didn't see that coming. None of the investigators did either, but as a result of that it makes you wonder. It makes us wonder. We're suspicious people anyway." McMullen and several others at the academy were suspended last week during an unrelated personnel investigation. It was during that investigation that human resource workers came across two emails on McMullen's computer with titles suggesting child porn, prompting them to contact police.
Read full story: Investigation into Vt. Police Academy trainer continues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Lawmaker says anti-cop Capitol painting is coming down
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Federal prosecutors won't charge SC deputy in viral video incident
- Can Baltimore's police reform deal survive Trump's DOJ?
- Fla. airport shooting highlights nexus between mentally ill, cops