Idaho cops training to respond to mental illness calls
The Idaho Region VII Crisis Intervention Team gives offices the tools they need to respond to a crisis involving the mentally ill
By Joelyn Hansen
Idaho Falls Post-Register
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho — Police officers carry 15 pounds of equipment around their waists while on the job, ready to respond to a variety of situations.
But in the event officers need to deal with a mentally unstable person, what's on their belt isn't necessarily going to help.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house