P1 Photo of the Week: Proper grip helps control recoil
This picture is not photoshopped or touched up at all. It was taken with a high-speed camera, and the officer shown did a demo for the students shooting a Desert Eagle 50 cal on one foot. He showed them how proper body positioning can control the recoil of the gun, while your proper grip controlled the flip of the gun.
Picture of: Officer Marshall Luton, Tulsa Police Department - Trainer at The Defensive Shooting Academy.
Calling all police photographers! PoliceOne needs pictures of you in action or training. Submit a photo - it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you - Photo of the Week winners now have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
- Police Training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police