P1 Photo of the Week: Experiencing the effects
All Seminole, Fla. police officers are required to "experience the effects" of a TASER prior to becoming an operator. This allows the officer to obtain confidence in the product, allows the officer to understand that if for some reason they are exposed to the taser during duty that they will survive and finally it brings credibility to the courtroom or investigation when questioned on how the taser effected their client. This photo was taken as part of orientation for cadets who had just graduated the police academy, and Officer Brian Conley is truly experiencing the effects!
Picture submitted by: Lt. Jim Polan, Seminole (FL) Police Department
Calling all police photographers! PoliceOne needs pictures of you in action or training. Submit a photo - it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you - Photo of the Week winners now have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend