W.Va. officer 'almost died' in beating at police academy
Officer Christopher Winkler suffered a blood clot after being beaten by two police trainers with a baton
By Gary A. Harki
PRINCETON, W.Va. — A Princeton police officer and West Virginia State Police Academy basic-class student says he nearly died of a blood clot in his brain after being beaten by two of his instructors during a training session at the academy in Institute.
Christopher Winkler, 23, said the alleged beating at the hands of two trainers, which he said happened during baton training on April 5, left him unconscious.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms