Policing Matters Podcast: Government responsibility, obligation in 21st century policing
Jim and Doug each offer thoughts on what they would add as a seventh pillar to Obama's “Six Pillars of 21st Century Policing”
In December 2014, President Barack Obama signed an executive order establishing the Task Force on 21st Century Policing. The president charged the task force with identifying best practices and offering recommendations on how policing practices can promote effective crime reduction while building public trust. The task force released its final report in May of 2015. In it was what the task force called the “Six Pillars of 21st Century Policing.” Over the course of the last six weeks, Jim and Doug have discussed each of the six pillars. In this week’s podcast, Jim and Doug each offer thoughts on what they would add as the seventh pillar.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman