Training helps Wis. police handle mentally ill
NAMI teams with local departments to build a bridge
By Christopher Kuhagen
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE — The statistics about mental illness tell the devastating story: One in 17 Americans lives with a serious mental illness, and one in four adults - 57.7 million Americans - experience a mental health disorder in a given year.
Four of the 10 leading causes of disability in the U.S. and other developed countries are mental disorders.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Training helps Wis. police handle mentally ill
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy