'Lawbreakers' to fund Miss. sheriff's firing range
Deosto County budget allows for new training facility, raises for officers
By Henry Bailey
The Commercial Appeal
HERNANDO, Miss. — At a wide-ranging meeting Monday, DeSoto supervisors heard early budget scenarios linking employee raises with millage shifts and departmental cuts, and approved crafting a lease deal for a sheriff's department firing range in Marshall County.
The board also agreed to hire DeSoto County's first public information officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Police Training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy