FBI agent shot during training
Spokesman said FBI agents were involved in a live fire tactical training exercise when the accident occurred
By Mark Schlachtenhaufen
The Edmond Sun
EDMOND — An FBI special agent is recovering at a metro hospital after suffering an accidental gunshot wound while training at an Edmond Police Department facility, an agency spokesman said.
Rick Rains, a spokesman for the FBI’s Oklahoma City office, said at about 3 p.m. Thursday FBI agents were involved in a live fire tactical training exercise when the accident occurred. The Edmond Police Department’s training facility is located in northeast Edmond.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: FBI agent shot during training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer