Improving Training Performance with Competition
Lead Fitness Instructor at WCC Police Academy, Kathy Vonk, sits down with Dave Smith to discuss the benefits of combining competetive techniques with training in order to build a positive attitude among participants. When participants develop a positive attitude towards physical activity it is likely that they will continue a program beyond the academy in the future. Her philosophy elicits 100% effort by incorporating unique exercises that make physical fitness both entertaining and intense.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds