Former Ga. sheriff leaves unforgettable legacy
Community remembers a helpful, patriotic, loving man who demanded professionalism
The Augusta Chronicle
AUGUSTA, Ga. — It's well known by now how much former Richmond County Sheriff Charlie Webster loved people, and how much they loved him.
Dozens of people approached current Sheriff Ronnie Strength at Webster's funeral service Tuesday — "And every one of them said, 'He always helped people,' " Strength recalled. "And they would tell me a story."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former Ga. sheriff leaves unforgettable legacy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house