Wis. cops outraged slain officer is left off memorial wall
The preliminary decision by the fund is purportedly based on who is accused of killing Sebena: her husband
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
MILWAUKEE — The state's chief law enforcement officer joined the chorus of outrage Wednesday over a national organization's decision not to include a slain Wauwatosa police officer on its memorial wall — a decision expected to be discussed Thursday by the organization.
The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund has tentatively chosen not to include police officer Jennifer Sebena on its memorial wall in Washington, D.C. Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen sent a letter Wednesday to Craig W. Floyd, the memorial fund's chairman and chief executive.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman