P1 Photo of the Week: Why Rubin rocks
This week's photo of the week comes from 17-year-old Jennifer Rubin of Chesterfield, MO. Rubin began the fundraiser "Rockin' 4 Relief," a yearly rock-a-thon that raises money for families of first responders who were killed in the line of duty. Rubin and other teens get together and rock, literally, in rocking chairs for ten hours each year to raise money. So far they've raised over $67,000.
Pictured is Rubin overcome with emotion hugging a D.A.R.E. officer who drove two hours to Chesterfield to help with the fundraiser. He was there to greet her as she stood up after 10 long hours of rocking for the last time before she heads off to college. To find out more about Rockin' 4 Relief, check out their website!
Calling all police photographers! PoliceOne needs pictures of you in action or training.Submit a photo — it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you — Photo of the Week winners have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert