Traditions Firearms introduces hammerless Vortek Strikefire rifle
The Vortek StrikerFire LDR has a patent-pending internal striker fire system and no internal hammer
By PoliceOne Staff
The .50 caliber rifle features a 30-inch Chromoly barrel and a more complete powder burn to increase velocity and downrange accuracy.
The Vortek StrikerFire LDR has a patent-pending internal striker fire system and no internal hammer. It functions by sliding the striker button on the weapon forward until it locks and the rifle is cocked. Benefits of the striker fire system are a quieter and faster cocking of the rifle, a faster lock time, and the ability to mount a scope closer to the bore.
The rifle features a 2-stage competition-style TAC2 Trigger System, set at two pounds.
Other features include a one-piece, stainless-steel Accelerator Breech Plug that allows for loose and palletized powder without changing the breech plug, and a removable Stow-N-Go Butt Pad for easier storage.
The Vortek StrikerFire LDR weighs 6.8 pounds and comes with 209 or magnum musket ignitions.
- The TacticaList
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds