Starchase - TUCSON, AZ KOLD-TV
We all know car chases are dangerous.
In fact, there are more than 100,000 high-speed pursuits in the U.S. every year, endangering everyone involved in the chase - the suspects, the police and the public. And it's an unnecessary danger; up to 85 percent of these pursuits are initiated by non-violent offenders. Plus, the economic impact is staggering, with hundreds of millions paid out in the U.S. annually due to insurance payouts, medical bills, workers' compensation and lost wages
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds