Ga. dispatcher saves father on her first day
A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day
My Fox Atlanta
DeKALB COUNTY, Ga. — A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day working alone.
Crystal Morrow says she had answered about 40 calls that Monday including a burglary in progress and a house fire. Morrow was surprised when she heard a familiar voice on the other end of a call.
Morrow's aunt dialed 911 and Morrow picked up. Her father had gone into diabetic shock.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds