Ga. dispatcher saves father on her first day
A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day
My Fox Atlanta
DeKALB COUNTY, Ga. — A DeKalb County 911 Operator spent months training, but never imagined she would get a call from her own family just four hours into her first day working alone.
Crystal Morrow says she had answered about 40 calls that Monday including a burglary in progress and a house fire. Morrow was surprised when she heard a familiar voice on the other end of a call.
Morrow's aunt dialed 911 and Morrow picked up. Her father had gone into diabetic shock.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help