Video: Boston cop saves suicidal man from tracks
A Transit police detective stopped a man from jumping on the tracks at the MBTA Park Street Station Wednesday
BOSTON — A Transit police detective stopped a man from jumping on the tracks at the MBTA Park Street Station Wednesday.
The man, who Transit police describe as suicidal, can be seen leaning over the edge of the tracks in surveillance video released Thursday.
"As the video depicts the male was about to jump into the 'pit' area when the quick acting detective was able to grab the male, practically in mid air, and prevent him from harming himself," said Transit police officials.
Reprinted with permission from MyFoxBoston.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms