Video: Cops defend ticketing of deer rescuers who did not wear life vests
Officials ordered the men to turn back because of the potential for human emergency
By PoliceOne Staff
PATAPSCO RIVER, Md. — The Maryland Department of Natural Resources have defended their decision to fine two men who rescued a deer from the Patapsco River, according to the Baltimore Sun. Video of the rescue can be seen in the video below.
Each man received a fine of $90 for not having life vests aboard an inflatable boat they used to help rescue a trapped deer last Thursday. One Col. said the men disregarded the orders of officers at the scene who had ordered them to turn back because of the potential for human emergency.
The two men will fight the fines in court this February.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman