K-9 lunges, deputy shoots fellow cop in neck
Authorities have determined that the shooting, which took place during an arrest, was an accident
By Sean Longoria
REDDING, Calif. — The shooting of a Shasta County sheriff's deputy last month at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area was an accident, investigators from the Redding Police Department said Tuesday.
Deputy Nolan Guiducci was shot in the neck accidentally by Deputy Gerry Maul on April 22 while searching for two suspects near Whiskeytown Lake.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: K-9 lunges, deputy shoots fellow cop in neck
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help