Iowa police shoot, kill mountain lion
The Blencoe police chief and a Monona County Sheriff's Deputy responded to a citizen's call
DUBUQE, Iowa — An adult male mountain lion was shot and killed early Friday morning by local law enforcement officers in Monona County.
The Blencoe police chief and a Monona County Sheriff's Deputy responded to a citizen's call regarding the mountain lion around midnight on Friday. After finding the lion in a tree in the northwest part of town, the officers shot the lion.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Iowa police shoot, kill mountain lion
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house