Tenn. PD donates patrol cars to needy agencies
Alderman Mark Payne, who made the motion to donate the patrol cars, said he thought it was the right thing to do for the two financially strapped towns
By Ryan Lewis
Chattanooga Times Free Press
KIMBALL, Tenn. — After severe storms on March 2 caused extensive hail damage to the city's police cruisers, Kimball leaders decided to revamp the entire fleet.
Some of the cars that were totaled in the storm were auctioned off to make way for the new vehicles, but the town still had three cars left over.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. PD donates patrol cars to needy agencies
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help