NY police save baby deer from 20-foot-deep manhole
Officers spent several hours lifting up the fawn, then released it into the woods
The Salt Lake Tribune
MOUNT SINAI, N.Y. — Police on New York's Long Island spent over four hours rescuing a baby deer that fell into a 20-foot-deep manhole.
The cute, speckled creature scampered into the woods after it was released Thursday by its beaming, burly rescuers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house