Mom gets $2,500 ticket for son peeing in yard
Officer said rural neighborhood didn't matter, still public urination
PIEDMONT, Okla.—A woman received a ticket for $2,500 after her child urinated on their front lawn.
Dillan, 3, was playing outside in his yard when he decided to ‘unzip,’ according to News on 6, Oklahoma.
The station reported a passing officer saw Dillan and issued the boy's mom a ticket.
"The cop pulled up and asked for my license and told me he was going to give me a ticket for public urination," the boy's mother, Ashley Warden, said.
The family lives on two-and-a-half acres and says the street is quite rural, but the officer told them that didn’t matter as Dillan was in public view, according to the report.
Warden said she plans to fight the ticket in court next month since she claimed her son didn't actually finish the act.
When contacted by the station, the department did not comment.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court