Police: Ala pastor killed wife, wounded daughter
Police say the daughter took the gun from her father and escaped after he shot his wife
By Jay Reeves
GARDENDALE, Ala. — Police say an Alabama pastor shot and killed his wife and wounded their 18-year-old daughter before stabbing himself in their home.
Authorities say the Rev. Terry Greer is being charged with murder in the killing of 52-year-old Lisa Greer and attempted murder in the wounding of Suzanna Greer, a University of South Alabama student.
Greer remains hospitalized with what police say are self-inflicted knife wounds.
His wife died early Friday after being shot on Thursday. Police say the daughter took the gun from her father and escaped.
Greer is senior pastor at Gardendale-Mt. Vernon United Methodist Church near Birmingham. He leads a church with an average Sunday attendance of about 670.
Greer has been on medical leave since experiencing heart problems and a car accident in autumn.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms