'Routine' stop yields a pound of meth
The Hickory Daily Record
LINCOLNTON, N.C. — more than a pound of methamphetamine was seized Wednesday during what began as a routine traffic stop.
Lincoln County Sheriff’s deputies stopped a pickup truck at 9:50 a.m. in the parking lot of the Lincolnton Plaza Shopping Center on North Aspen Street to advise the driver of a burned out brake light, according to a news release from the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 'Routine' stop yields a pound of meth
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend