Video: Officer frees deer by shooting antlers
A sharp shooter used 3 shots to get the two deer untangled without harming them
By Emily O'Keefe
MSN 9 News
ILLINOIS — A conservation police officer, state trooper and forest preserve officer were all called out to try free the bucks in Illinois last week. The pair had become dangerously entangled during a fight and could be seen kicking and writhing in a bid to free themselves on the video, filmed by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
"He's worn out, he's going to give you a shot," one of the officers can be heard saying as they circle the bucks looking for an opportunity to shoot without harming either animal.
The shooter sees an opening and fires his first shot but it takes another three bullets to separate the antlers completely.
Full Story: Sharp shooter uses gun to free tangled deer
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police