Double amputee shoots Wal-mart manager, flees in motorized wheelchair
An off-duty cop heard the shot in the store, which started as a dispute over the man's unleashed service dog
By Neil Torquiano
NBC - 2 KTUU
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A double amputee in a motorized wheelchair with a medium-sized service dog allegedly shot a Walmart manager Saturday afternoon over a dispute about the dog, according to the Anchorage Police Department.
Anita Shell, APD spokesperson, said the shooting happened shortly before 3 p.m. inside the Walmart on A Street and later identified the shooting victim as 33-year-old manager Jason Mahi.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert