Alaska officer killed responding to domestic call
The officer was found dead in front of the alleged gunman's home by state troopers
Duty Death: Thomas O. Madole - [Manoktak, Alaska]
By PoliceOne Staff
MANOKTAK, Alaska — A Village Public Safety Officer was fatally shot responding to a call about a domestic disturbance in Manoktak on Tuesday.
The body of VPSO Thomas O. Madole, 54, was found by state troopers in front of the alleged gunman’s home, according to Alaska Public.
Troopers arrested Leroy B. Dick, Jr., 42, on charges of first degree murder.
"Our condolences go out to the family and to the other VPSOs," said Col. Keith Mallard, Dir. Alaska State Troopers. "We lost one of ours and it’s going to be a hard thing to deal with."
Few other details have been released about the incident. The state troopers, along with the Alaska Bureau of Investigation, are continuing to investigate the scene.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house