3 dead in NC standoff
SWAT members surrounded the suspects house for 6 hours after he killed 2 neighbors
By Cameron Steele
The Herald Online
HARRISBURG, NC — A six-hour SWAT team standoff ended late Friday with a suspected shooter and two of his neighbors dead, police say.
A Cabarrus County sheriff’s official said the suspect apparently shot himself as deputies and SWAT team members surrounded the house where he was hiding. Earlier Friday, the suspect shot and killed two others, police say, in what they described as a neighborhood dispute.
Authorities said Anthony Charles Hardy, 50, shot and killed neighbors Daniel Thomas Kirchner, 42, and Gary Wade Stocks, 64, in the backyard of Kirchner's house at 7791 Coachman Court. Hardy later killed himself after seeking refuge from police in his own home.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests