Sheriff Dart Introduces New Body Scanners
Cook County Jail is the first major correctional facility in the nation to use the RadPRO SecurPASS machines. With just a seven-second scan, officers are able to determine whether detainees are hiding drugs, weapons or other contraband in their clothing, hair or even in a body cavity. The machines do not show any anatomical outlines or facial features, ensuring detainee privacy.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds