Police: Pa. school shooter admitted molesting
NICKEL MINES, Pa.- A man who laid siege to a one-room Amish schoolhouse told his wife he had molested young children decades ago and left a note saying he had "dreams of molesting again," state police Commissioner Jeffrey B. Miller said Tuesday.
Police said they could not confirm the claim by Charles Carl Roberts IV and that family members knew nothing of the alleged molestation.
Authorities say a heavily armed Roberts, 32, took hostages at a one-room schoolhouse and opened fire on several girls before taking his own life in a bucolic area of Lancaster County. Roberts shot himself as police stormed the schoolhouse, which sat on a patch of grass amid pastures and farm fields, authorities said...
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman