Distraught officer arrested outside N.J. school
"That was an extremely dangerous kind of motor vehicle stop."
By Claire Heininger and Ralph R. Ortega
SOMERVILLE, N.J. — An armed, suicidal police officer was arrested yesterday after he was tracked in the vicinity of his former high school in Somerset County, sending the school into lockdown mode for nearly an hour, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Distraught officer arrested outside N.J. school
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help