Report of gunfire at San Diego elementary school
Police find no evidence that rounds were fired
By Kristina Davis and Matthew Rodriguez
San Diego Union Tribune
VISTA, Ca. – A report of gunfire at Olive Elementary School yesterday left hundreds of parents to imagine the worst as they gathered behind police lines for hours, awaiting news of their children inside.
Their anxiety turned to relief when the Sheriff's Department announced that it didn't appear any shots had been fired after all, and that all the children were safely locked inside their classrooms.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Report of gunfire at San Diego elementary school
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help