Tenn. teachers stage prank with fake gunman
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — If you're going to play a prank on a group of sixth-grade students, the last thing you want to do is warn them that a gunman is on the loose. This is sure to evoke deep-seated fears and prompt widespread panic in the wake of recent school shootings.
"The lead teacher told the students and other adults that there were people somewhere in the park shooting guns but they were not shooting people; they were driving around playing," Scales Elementary School says in a statement posted on its website. "He added that the Park Ranger had advised him to tell everyone to take cover as a precaution."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tenn. teachers stage prank with fake gunman
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform