First grader brings gun to school
By Jill Tucker
The San Francisco Chronicle
SAN FRANCISCO — A first-grade student took a gun to his San Francisco elementary school Friday, the district's second such incident in two days, school officials and police said Monday.
Staffers at Cleveland Elementary School found the gun in the boy's backpack after overhearing children talking about a gun on campus, school officials said Monday. Police and the student's parents were then called to the Excelsior district school. It was unclear Monday whether the gun was loaded.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: First grader brings gun to school
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform