TASER used to break up fight in Tenn. high school
By Jacqueline Koch and Kelli Gauthier
Chattanooga Times Free Press
HAMILTON COUNTY, Tenn. — Two Brainerd High School students each face a charge of disorderly conduct after a Monday hallway fight led to one being shocked with a TASER by a school resource officer.
The students -- Monterell Neal, 18, and an unidentified juvenile -- began fighting between classes, Hamilton County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Janice Atkinson said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds