TASER used to break up fight in Tenn. high school
By Jacqueline Koch and Kelli Gauthier
Chattanooga Times Free Press
HAMILTON COUNTY, Tenn. — Two Brainerd High School students each face a charge of disorderly conduct after a Monday hallway fight led to one being shocked with a TASER by a school resource officer.
The students -- Monterell Neal, 18, and an unidentified juvenile -- began fighting between classes, Hamilton County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Janice Atkinson said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help